From St Andrew’s to Craven Cottage
How a church’s cricket and football club became Fulham Football Club - Morgan Phillips 2007
The illustration here which is on the front cover shows the 2nd XI (1886/7) with Back Row: Ernest Dallibar, Tim Draper, Harry Coleman, Fred McKay, Thomas Stone and Harry Page Middle Row: Ernest Scorey, Tom Shrimpton, and Arthur Newport Front Row: Arthur Thomas, Robert Aram, and John Perry
Morgan Phillips has researched the history of the club extensively and his account includes much previously unseen material.
The football club may have outgrown its early ‘holy’ surroundings but St Andrew’s, a thriving church on Greyhound Road, is still very much around and the new book will be launched at the church’s Summer Fair on 14th July, 2007.
Over the past few months extracts of the new work have been appearing in the community magazine ‘The Fulham Fielder’ and on 14th July the whole text, including a forward by the Bishop of Kensington, will be launched and the author will be present to sign copies.
To order your copy please send a cheque for £5 payable to St Andrew's PCC to Father Martin Eastwwod, 10 St Andrew's Rd, Fulham, London, W14 9SX. Please email email@example.com for bulk orders (discounts available on bulk orders).